Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible to everyone.
We’re a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University. Our Chairman is Andrew Ng and Dan Jurafsky is a member of our advisory board, both globally recognized leaders in AI/NLP.
We are poised to redefine how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that’s excited about getting us there. Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be an advocate for QA best practices will provide the fuel that will help us get there. Most importantly, the energy, empathy, and attention to detail you bring to this role will help us maintain the high quality experience for our customers.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
You will start as a sole Individual Contributor working in the QA arm of engineering. We expect the company’s QA Engineering requirements to expand in the coming months and years and you have the opportunity to become a key player in that journey.
One of your biggest growth opportunities will be collaborating with our Product, Clinical and Engineering teams. This is a strong career move for you if you’d like to play a part in helping us deliver high quality mental health tools at scale. Your QA expertise will support a remarkable experience for our customers.
Ideally you've performed a full QA process for features releases on production apps that are as close to Woebot. Experience with a consumer facing app, iOS and Android with AWS backend is preferred.
Your mission will be to apply your technical and communication skills towards creating a culture of test-centric development and continuous integration.
How You’ll Thrive
- In your first 2-3 weeks, you’ll embed yourself into Woebot’s engineering organisation and development workflow: sprints, teams, recurring meetings etc.
Within 30 Days
- You’ll become familiar with the architecture of our platform and be able to confidently describe the various components that are most important.
- You will also familiarize yourself with our testing tools: Mocha, Appium, WebdriverIO.
- You’ll have performed a full QA process for a platform component release - follow an existing QA spec, write QA report, itemise QA issues into actionable items and post-release testing.
Within 60 Days
- You are starting to improve the existing test protocols/documentation.
- You are now contributing more to the unit and integration test suite codebases. You are working with your manager to understand the architecture of these resources.
- You are starting to own the QA process. You are carrying out QA processes from start to finish while completing a number of different QA runs per week.
90 Days And Beyond
- You are beginning to make strategic contributions to the QA design process.
- You’re implementing QA against a set of metrics that makes sense in the context of the platform.
- You are identifying possible edge cases that are not caught by our existing test infrastructure.
- You are starting to introduce best practice in QA in terms of design patterns within the codebases and also within the documentation and administration surrounding the role.
- Ideally you have automated test coverage for a new platform feature.
Role Specific Competencies
- 1-2 yrs QA Engineering Experience. Ideally with a consumer facing application.
- Technical Expertise:
- Use of an issue-tracking platform such as Jira would be an advantage.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing would be an advantage.
- Domain Expertise:
- You’re skilled in test report and test specification writing.
- You know the difference between white box and black box testing and are familiar with Agile/Scrum project management methodology.
- Ideally you've performed a full QA process for features releases on production apps that are as close to Woebot. Experience with a consumer facing app, iOS and Android with AWS backend is preferred
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Ideal)
Our Core Values
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience. Motivated to help others be successful.
- Proactive & flexible: Hit the ground running. Even with ambiguity, you can get the job done.
- Self-awareness and growth-mindset: Wants to learn and grow in the role.
- High standards: Take pride in your work and apply high standards toward everything.
- Strong work ethic: Work hard to get the job done.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Healthy Snacks & Meals
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status