Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible for everyone.
We are pioneers in building personalized digital mental health tools to help millions of people with mental health difficulties. We are building a suite of regulated, prescription only digital therapeutics as well as a sophisticated delivery platform capable of responding to the lived experience of our users.
Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and are based on 10 years of intervention science at Stanford University. Our founder has an international reputation in Digital Mental Health intervention development. And our Chairman is Andrew Ng; and Dan Jurafsky is a member of our advisory board, both globally recognized leaders in AI/NLP.
There has never been a better time to use your data science skills for good. Given the recent acceleration in infrastructure to allow for the meaningful adoption of DTx, our strong product reputation and existing relationships within health systems, Woebot is in a period of explosive growth. We are looking for a product-minded data scientist to continue to create value for our users, customers, and execute on our IP strategy.
What you will do:
As a leader in the Product team, you will work cross-departmentally with clinical and engineering team members to build machine learning and AI algorithms that are the core of Woebot’s intelligence. There are four areas we want you to own and drive:
Drive An Insights & Analytics Culture
- You will help create data analysis and analytics pipelines that improve not only the underlying ML algorithms but also the product and the user’s experience.
- You will lead a team of Analysts and be responsible for good data driven hygiene, including the creation, redesign, and maintenance of analytics dashboards and BI tools such as BigQuery, Google Data Studio, or Tableau.
- You will also advise on data labeling strategy so that Woebot’s conversational engine is continuously improved and informs changes in features, content, and UX.
Improve User Personalization:
- Woebot exchanges 4.7 M messages with our users every week. You will create & lead a data-driven personalization strategy for this audience.
- We consider personalization to be key for developing a relationship over time while delivering precision interventions, that is; the right method to the right person at the right time.
Contribute To Evidence:
- In the next 6 months, you’ll help Woebot develop evidence & trends to demonstrate the value of our highest priority products.
- You're helping answer the most pressing questions in the mental health field around engagement, dose, and treatment outcomes.
- In partnership with our Clinical team and academic partners, we expect you to contribute to our pipeline of peer-reviewed published research.
- In addition to some platform-related pieces, you will lead publication in Data Science and HCI research.
What Your First 90 Days Could Look Like
- By Day 30 - Assess the lay of the landscape & team - and make suggestions around in house analytic tools, dashboard and strategies.
- By Day 60 - understand the roadmap with our founder and reverse engineer our tailored interventions. Deliver a prioritized list of roadmap items.
- By Day 90 - Submit your first publication. Execute on a plan for improving user outcomes with our analytics and ML.
Role Specific Competencies:
- PhD in Data Analysis or ML/AI or computational field with 8-10+ years of applied experience
- Knowledge of one or more modern ML/NLP frameworks, such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, or Keras
- Track Record of publishing in peer reviewed academic literature
- You’ve led and managed other analysts and data scientists.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you will add to our culture:
- Strong work-ethic: Works hard to get a job done.
- Proactive & flexible: Able to hit the ground running, takes responsibility for finding a way to get the job done.
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience, are a team player motivated to help others be successful.
- High standards: Applies high standards toward everything.
- Humble: You want to learn and grow in the role, and are open to feedback on how to do that.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Healthy Snacks & Meals
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.