Full Time, San Francisco, CA
Come join us and prove the benefits of making mental health tools accessible to everyone.
Who is Woebot?
Woebot is a nimble startup building a suite of digital therapeutics that help people around the world improve their moods. We are backed by AI Fund - a venture studio founded by Andrew Ng, the former Chief Scientist at Baidu, founding lead of Google Brain, and the Co-founder of Coursera. Our flagship app, Woebot, is a fun and cheerful emotional assistant powered by AI and CBT to scalably deliver support, exercises, and even a few jokes. If you haven’t tried it yet, have a go right now - we’ll wait!
OK, you’re back. That was fun, right? Woebot is based on solid science too - we were founded by researchers and clinicians from Stanford, and our randomized trial has been cited over 300 times in the peer-reviewed literature. Now we are looking to expand our Research and Clinical Team to build the next level of evidence - you will help us upgrade the product to meet the needs of people with a range of health conditions, develop research studies that validate our approach, and work with top academic experts on innovative clinical trial designs that will go in front of regulators like the FDA.
About the role
Reporting to our Chief Clinical Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing Woebot’s expansive programs of research and FDA-regulated product pipelines. In collaboration with external academics, clinical, and commercial partners you will be responsible for the smooth execution of 2-3 clinical studies - managing relationships, IRB submissions, study protocol development, execution, and participating in data analysis, interpretation, and scientific dissemination efforts with the broader R&D team. This is an outstanding opportunity for a bold but thoughtful innovator to join us at the forefront of the emerging digital therapeutic industry that sits at the intersection of consumer and regulated products.
- Plan, develop, and execute clinical research study designs in partnership with the CCO
- Support regulatory submissions such as 510k and breakthrough designation filings
- Draft, revise, and submit manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide presentations, and other documents to ensure appropriate presentation of data, methodology, and interpretation.
- Mentor and supervise junior scientists, research assistants, and interns as we grow our team
- We estimate 10% travel outside the SF / bay area for conferences / client visits
Your First 90 Days
- By Day 30 you’ll deeply understand Woebot’s current programs of research and FDA product pipelines. To accomplish this you will meet with our CCO and the R&D team regularly. You will gradually begin to lead and oversee our current clinical trials and programs of research.
- By Day 45 you’re expanding our company’s research portfolio so that we are poised to disseminate our evidence broadly with the masses (investors, commercialization strategy press, customers, and users)
- Day 90 and beyond you’ll become a thought partner to our Leadership Team by being an expert on instrumental studies of interest and current trends in the digital health space.
- Master's, MD, or PhD-level education in the field of psychology, psychiatry, epidemiology, statistics, public health or related health research field.
- Experience in academic and commercial environments to bridge research and business goals
- 5+ years of experience in human clinical research; demonstrated experience in research design, data collection, managing data sets, data analysis, and scientific dissemination
- A track record of 7+ peer-reviewed publications related to clinical research
- Strong working knowledge of behavioral health / digital health / digital therapeutics space
- Ability to translate scientific and technical issues for diverse audiences
- Proficiency with statistical software programs such as SAS, R, Python, Stata, or SPSS.
- Familiarity and/or experience with FDA regulations around medical devices / SAMD
- You have developed, evaluated, or validated patient reported outcome measures (PROs)
- Experience in running clinical trials across healthcare ecosystems generating evidence for payers, journals, in collaboration with pharma, etc.
- History of acquiring funding from a variety of sources e.g. industry, fellowships, grants
- Industry experience in pharmaceutical outcomes research, epidemiology, HEOR, or data science
Our Core Values
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience. Motivated to help others be successful.
- Proactive & flexible: Hit the ground running. Even with ambiguity, you can get the job done.
- Self-awareness and growth-mindset: Wants to learn and grow in the role.
- High standards: Take pride in your work and apply high standards toward everything.
- Strong work ethic: Work hard to get the job done.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Healthy Snacks & Meals
- Employee Volunteer Program
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status