Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible to everyone.
We’re a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University. Our Chairman is Andrew Ng and Dan Jurafsky is a member of our advisory board, both globally recognized leaders in AI/NLP.
We are poised to redefine how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that’s excited about getting us there. You will be working with modern tech such as Swift programming with Protocol-oriented design. Your ability to add new and critical features to Woebot while also refactoring parts of our current system will help provide the fuel that will help us get there.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR ENGINEERING TEAM:
Have you worked in a start-up environment where you were the sole Android Engineer? Then Woebot might be an opportunity to add to your body of work. You will be Woebot’s sole Android Engineer. This means you own Woebot’s Android app from end-to-end. As a result there's a high level of autonomy and responsibility in your role. You will make the choices about how things are built and have the freedom to learn by iterating and seeing what works well and what doesn’t. Most importantly, as our sole Android Engineer we’re looking for you to own your domain expertise. To do so, you'll have a manager who gives support when needed and otherwise trusts you to make decisions.
How You’ll Thrive
- Within your first 30 days: You will learn the major components of the codebase, be able to fix minor bugs, and be proficient with our development, build, and release process.
- Equally important, you will build relationships with other engineers, as well as design, product, and clinical teams.
Solve Problems That Matter
- By day 60 you will have a complete understanding of the product and codebase, including UI, API calls, and app architecture.
- You’ve delivered several new large features with high quality and minimal bugs. For example, building in reflections in our app that highlight small wins for our users.
- You also deeply understand our app architecture and are resolving a wide range of bugs quickly. Everything from small decoding issues to complex mobile notifications improvements and even UI support for our clinical strength Woebot programs.
Become our Android Expert
- By day 90 you will be able to provide insights on engineering feasibility and accurately estimate story points for more complex features.
- You're also maintaining our build system, dependencies, and error logging systems.
- Beyond Day 90 you will work diligently to advance our mobile app, delivering on time and with great quality.
- You will be an advocate for implementing native Android features that align with upcoming Android SDKs.
- You will help us continue to think long term and stay ahead of the curve.
- Long term, you will play a key role in improving our app architecture, refactoring, testing, CI, automation, instrumentation, and dev tooling.
This Might Be Your Next Career Move IF:
- You care about helping make quality mental health care realistically accessible to millions of people nationwide
- You have experience implementing Kotlin programming.
- You will have a rich understanding of the technical nuances and trade-offs of the Android platform, including visual elements, security & privacy.
- Experience with modern Android development practices with a preference towards Kotlin as your language of choice.
- You've worked on and supported high quality Apps in the Google Play Store (preferably with tens of thousands of users).
- You value testable code to keep your software quality high.
Our Core Values
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience. Motivated to help others be successful.
- Proactive & flexible: Hit the ground running. Even with ambiguity, you can get the job done.
- Self-awareness and growth-mindset: Wants to learn and grow in the role.
- High standards: Take pride in your work and apply high standards toward everything.
- Strong work ethic: Work hard to get the job done.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Vision