Our mission is to make the best mental health tools accessible for everyone, as we bring mental healthcare to the masses.
We’re a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University. Our Chairman is Andrew Ng and Dan Jurafsky is a member of our advisory board, both globally recognized leaders in AI/NLP.
We are poised to redefine how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that’s excited about getting us there. You will be working with modern tech such as Node.js, Docker, Tensorflow, AWS Lambda and more. Your ability to add new and critical features to Woebot while also refactoring parts of our current system will help provide the fuel that will help us get there.
Why You Should Join Our Engineering Team:
You care about helping make quality mental health care realistically accessible to millions of people globally and are genuinely curious and effective in building complex scalable distributed systems.
You have the unique opportunity to create & improve our core bot and infrastructure; helping delineate Woebot into a premium offering which will ultimately become the new standard in digital therapeutics.
In the process, you’ll learn more about chatbots, machine learning deployment pipelines, and securing and documenting a product effectively. More importantly, you’re energized by the idea of learning more about evidence-based psychological interventions and how to translate them into digital products that improve the lives of millions of people.
How You’ll Thrive
- In your first 4-5 weeks, you’ve read and digested our entire code base, have made several small enhancements and bug fixes, and have come up with a list of recommendations for improving our back-end systems.
Become A Leader On The Engineering Team
- You know Node.js and AWS infrastructure deeply and can enforce best practices and mentor other engineers to become masters of their craft.
- You are responsible for creating new features and functionality in the core logic of our bot, and work with various product teams to integrate their ideas into the system.
Improve Woebot Without Sacrificing Quality
- By day 45 you’ve designed a new feature end-to-end, from ideation to technical architecture diagrams to coding to peer review to production launch and error monitoring.
- By day 60 you are translating user needs and requirements into technical solutions, helping write technical specifications, and contributing elegant code that turns needs into reality.
Create Systems That Help Us Scale
- By day 90 you’re identifying problems before they happen and creating preventative measures to avoid them, as well as monitoring systems that detect when they occur.
- Within your first few months, you are quickly learning, maintaining, and enhancing disparate systems across Woebot.
- You will add new features while improving and refactoring the existing system along the way, maintaining Woebot’s current functionality as our product and team scales.
This Might Be Your Next Career Move IF:
- You have 3.5-4 years of experience shipping production code with Node.js.
- You care about helping make quality mental health care realistically accessible to millions of people nationwide.
- You’re excited about driving the deployment and scaling of cutting-edge NLP and ML techniques.
- You read voraciously about your field of expertise and enjoy bringing your learnings to the team in the form of recommendations for system improvement. You are a strong proponent of not only delivering new features but also of hardening systems along the way, making it bullet-proof to errors or outside attacks.
Role Specific Competencies
- Our platform is built on Node.js. We’re also open if you have experience with other back-end languages and have the willingness and ability to learn Node.js quickly. Other back-end languages could include: Python, Golang, or Rust.
- AWS or experience with another cloud provider such as GCP or Azure
Our Core Values:
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience. Motivated to help others be successful.
- Proactive & flexible: Hit the ground running. Even with ambiguity, you can get the job done.
- Self-awareness and growth-mindset: Wants to learn and grow in the role.
- High standards: Take pride in your work and apply high standards toward everything.
- Strong work ethic: Work hard to get the job done.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Healthy Snacks & Meals
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status