Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible to everyone.
We’re a venture-backed startup building tools to help millions of people monitor, regulate and ultimately improve their moods. Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University. Our Chairman is Andrew Ng, a globally recognized leader in AI.
We are poised to redefine how people access mental health care and are building the dream team that’s excited about getting us there. Your ability to balance writing production-quality code while also leading other bright engineers will help provide the fuel that will help us get there.
Why This Might Be A Career Move For You:
We’re looking for you to lead our Dublin Engineering team as we pioneer a new era of personalized digital therapeutics. This role is for you if you want the opportunity to work in a modern tech stack and have the ability to guide decisions on architecture and design. As Engineering Manager you’re excited to coach your team and provide them with a sense of psychological safety that empowers them to reach new heights. If you’re energized by the idea of shaping the future of mental health while helping define our core infrastructure and team culture, then keep reading:
How You’ll Thrive
Illustrate A Deep Understanding of Your Team, Our Infrastructure & Our Culture
Your people are your biggest asset. In your first 30 days you will build rapport with your team by conducting multiple 1:1s with your direct reports.
You’re able to logically persuade, inspire, and guide team members, rather than just issuing commands.
- Partner with our CTO to understand our organizational mission, critical OKRs, and define the appropriate platform initiatives.
- More important than your direct code contributions at this time is orienting yourself to the overall infrastructure, understanding our coding practices and being able to enforce those standards via constructive feedback, as well as providing insight to “better” practices.
Contribute To High Priority Objectives
- By Day 60 you’ve illustrated a deep understanding of our core infrastructure and are confidently preparing for how our roadmap may change in the next 6-12 months.
- By now you’re translating requirements into engineering tasks, helping with sprint planning and estimation, and creating roadmaps for the critical projects.
- You’re elevating your team to new heights through code reviews built upon actionable, specific and kind feedback.
Expand Our Dublin Team & Grow As A Leader
- Within your first year, there is a lot of room for building out a much larger team in Dublin. In addition to leading a team of engineers focused on Node/React, there’s potential to learn from different skill sets as well, e.g. data, ML, NLP/U and more!
- You’ll be able to grow into the role of leader, mentor, and coach for an excellent team of developers from different backgrounds and provide your voice for guiding where Woebot goes, not just in technology, but also vision. We’re a small team, for now, but as we get bigger, managers move up just as everyone else does.
- Node.js: This is the language of our platform and an area where you’ll be providing mentorship and assistance.
- Team Management Experience: It’s not absolutely necessary that you’ve been an engineering manager for the last five years, but having demonstrated skills in a team lead or managerial role is a must.
Hiring: Experienced manager able to hire and develop the team according to strategic objectives
- Proactive & Flexible: Proven ability to work effectively across functions, and produce in a fast-paced environment
- Other languages. We use Python and Jupyter for our ML/NLP
- Lambda. Alternatives: any other cloud platform (GCP, Azure, and lesser options like Heroku)
- Other infrastructure skills. Things like setting up logging stacks, application performance monitors (APM), etc.
- AWS expertise -- deploying to different compute resources in AWS: EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS.
- You’ve worked in remote/secondary office situations. Or managed a remote team.
- Deep knowledge of digital health industry
- Experience as a founder
Our Core Values:
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience. Motivated to help others be successful.
- Proactive & flexible: Hit the ground running. Even with ambiguity, you can get the job done.
- Self-awareness and growth-mindset: Wants to learn and grow in the role.
- High standards: Applies high standards toward everything.
- Strong work-ethic: Works hard to get a job done.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Employee Volunteer Program
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.