Our mission is to make the best mental health tools accessible for everyone, as we bring mental healthcare to the masses.
We’re looking for an experienced individual, passionate about our mission, who will build and support the services and infrastructure that powers Woebot. You will be working with modern tech such as Node.js, Docker & Kubernetes, AWS Lambda and more. You will be responsible for creating new features and functionality in the core logic of the bot, and work with various product teams to integrate their ideas into the system. You will also drive the deployment and scaling of cutting-edge NLP and ML techniques.You will build We are a venture-backed company based in San Francisco, though we’re looking for mission driven and passionate backend engineers to join our growing team in Dublin, Ireland.
What you will do:
- Redesign the bot logic code and data storage models to increase scalability and accommodate our growing data needs.
- Breakout and refactor components of core bot logic and services (e.g., Facebook messenger code, generation of mood change graphs for users, etc.).
- Take NLP and machine learning algorithms that increase Woebot’s understanding of natural language, and scalably deploy them into production.
- Support the various components of infrastructure relevant across functions - data science, mobile apps, and clinical content creation.
- Stay informed with industry best practices and provide guidance, inspiration, and mentorship in engineering excellence for cross-functional colleagues.
- You know Node.js like the back of your hand.
- Experience with deployments using public cloud services and APIs. Experience with AWS is preferred.
- Is experienced with the best practices of deploying software in a repeatable and automated way.
- Proven track record of writing high quality software that has been deployed to production, following software development best practices.
- Has been a technical mentor for teams in the past where they have helped other team members be successful, and has the desire to continue doing so.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to document and explain the technical work that has been done.
What you will bring to our culture:
- Strong work-ethic: Works hard to get a job done.
- Proactive & flexible: Able to hit the ground running, takes responsibility for finding a way to get the job done.
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience, are a team player motivated to help others be successful.
- High standards: Applies high standards toward everything.
- Humble: You want to learn and grow in the role, and are open to feedback on how to do that..
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Vision
- Meal Stipend
- Employee Volunteer Program
Woebot Lab is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.