Our mission is to make the best mental health tools radically accessible to everyone.
We are a venture-backed company based in San Francisco, though we’re looking for a mission driven and passionate Senior Data Scientist to our growing team in Dublin, Ireland.
We are a venture-backed startup building tools to help people monitor and regulate their moods. Our tools are powered by the latest research in NLP and ML, use scientifically proven techniques from Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is based on 10 years of digital mental health research at Stanford University. We are pioneering a new era in mental health care that is using technology to alleviate suffering at scale. Data science, evidence-based clinical research, and world-class beautiful conversational interfaces are the three pillars of our engine. Your ability to find structure in the complex emotional interactions of over one million messages exchanged every week will help provide the fuel that will help us get there.
What you will do:
As a senior data scientist, you will work cross-departmentally with data, product, and engineering team members to build machine learning and AI algorithms that are the core of Woebot’s intelligence. There are four areas we want the Data Scientist to own and drive:
- Conversational Engine: Build machine learning models that enable Woebot to more naturally converse with and understand users. Combine intent classifiers, chit chat, and task-oriented models that help users achieve their goals of feeling happier while also feeling natural and conversational.
- Insight. Advise on data labeling strategies so that Woebot’s conversational engine is continuously improved and informs changes in features, content, and UX. Help create data analysis and analytics pipelines that improve not only the underlying ML algorithms but also the product and the user’s experience. Strong ETL skills, including experience with the creation of analytics dashboards and BI tools such as BigQuery, Google Data Studio, or Tableau.
- Personalization: Create user profiles and build models that define how Woebot interacts with each user. We consider personalization to be key for developing a relationship over time, and delivering precision intervention - that is, methods that are tailored to each user.
- Evidence: Partner with major universities and institutions to advance basic psychological science by measuring the effects that Woebot delivers to users every day. Create an ongoing apparatus for evaluation that shows which interactions are beneficial for humans and that provide effective outcomes.
You will bring with you:
- Masters or PhD in Data Analysis or Machine Learning or related technical field with 2+ years of applied experience
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- Knowledge of one or more modern ML/NLP frameworks, such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, or Keras
- Strong experience deploying systems into production, at scale
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or cloud deployment pipelines a plus
- Agile go-to-market product mindset: we do research and we innovate, but we also ship often
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How you will add to our culture:
- Strong work-ethic: Works hard to get a job done.
- Proactive & flexible: Able to hit the ground running, takes responsibility for finding a way to get the job done.
- Empathic: Place a high value on user-experience, are a team player motivated to help others be successful.
- High standards: Applies high standards toward everything.
- Humble: You want to learn and grow in the role, and are open to feedback on how to do that.
- Competitive Salary
- Health benefits
- Employee Volunteer Program
Woebot is an equal opportunity employer and we deeply value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.