Waypoint Management is growing! We are looking to find our next property management superstar to help us orchestrate legendary service stories for the residents in the communities we serve. We currently have a leadership opportunity for a talented Maintenance Manager to join our team of property professionals.
As a Maintenance Manager, you are the backbone of our assets and will help maintain our property infrastructure. You’re a proven leader with a keen eye for detail, exceptional leadership, and motivation skills, and you think like an owner. You are a problem solver who thrives on creating solutions to problems that others don’t see and making the workplace better. You strive to exceed expectations in all that you do- every day.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and incentive program, benefits effective on day one, a recognition program, paid volunteer time and a platform where your contributions will be recognized and celebrated. If this sounds like you and you are serious growing your career, please apply.
What you can expect to do:
- Responsible for all maintenance service standards and operations of the property landscape.
- Manage the maintenance budget and operate with an eye for efficiency and productivity.
- Diagnose service problems, replace, or repair parts, test and propose solutions where needed.
- Lead your team with professionalism and accountability for results.
- Guarantee units are move in ready and presentable. Review make-ready condition with contractors on an ongoing basis.
- Complete preventive maintenance on HVAC units and other community equipment.
- Guarantee 24-hour response of completed work orders.
- Respond to and immediately coordinate plans of corrective action to rectify all service-related emergencies.
- Foster seamless partnership and communication with the Community Manager.
- Accountable for performing plumbing, general maintenance and repairs on property equipment and community structures, in addition to managing grounds maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Operate within OSHA standards and company safety polices. Keep informed of safety standards, operating policies, and practices.
- Ensure all gated entrances and security service equipment are always operable and report if in need of repair.
- Maintain the trash compactor and pool service, checking the pool and completing chemical readings.
- Monitor and keep accurate inventory of tools and equipment.
What you will bring to Waypoint:
- Enthusiastic team player with proven ability to lead with professionalism and a “firm first” mindset
- Prior supervisory experience managing the work of employees and vendors/contractors.
- Knowledge of service supplies, equipment, materials, and methods used in custodial work.
- Adept in making minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Availability to work on-call schedule(s) as required
- Bilingual, Spanish & English, strongly preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED and 2 plus years of general service experience or training
- EPA Section 608 certification types I and II, required
- CPO Certification required or must take and pass the certification within 90 days of start date.
- CAMT Certification preferred
Waypoint Residential LLC is a vertically integrated real estate investment firm focused on the U.S. residential sector. Since 2011, Waypoint has invested over $4 billion across more than 28,000 multifamily housing units located nationwide.