We are looking to find our next property management superstar to help us orchestrate legendary service stories for the residents in the communities we serve. We currently have a leadership opportunity for a talented Maintenance Supervisor to join our team of property professionals.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you are the backbone of our assets and will help maintain our property infrastructure. You’re a proven leader with a keen eye for detail, exceptional leadership, and motivation skills, and you think like an owner. You are a problem solver who thrives on creating solutions to problems that others don’t see and making the workplace better. You strive to exceed expectations in all that you do- every day.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and incentive program, benefits effective on day one, a recognition program, paid volunteer time and a platform where your contributions will be recognized and celebrated. If this sounds like you and you are serious growing your career, please apply.
What you can expect to do:
- Responsible for all maintenance service standards and operations of the property landscape.
- Manage the maintenance budget and operate with an eye for efficiency and productivity.
- Diagnose service problems, replace, or repair parts, test and propose solutions where needed.
- Lead your team with professionalism and accountability for results.
- Guarantee units are move in ready and presentable. Review make-ready condition with contractors on an ongoing basis.
- Complete preventive maintenance on HVAC units and other community equipment.
- Guarantee 24-hour response of completed work orders.
- Respond to and immediately coordinate plans of corrective action to rectify all service-related emergencies.
- Foster seamless partnership and communication with the Community Manager.
- Accountable for performing plumbing, general maintenance and repairs on property equipment and community structures, in addition to managing grounds maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Operate within OSHA standards and company safety polices. Keep informed of safety standards, operating policies, and practices.
- Ensure all gated entrances and security service equipment are always operable and report if in need of repair.
- Maintain the trash compactor and pool service, checking the pool and completing chemical readings.
- Monitor and keep accurate inventory of tools and equipment.
What you will bring to this role…
- Enthusiastic team player with proven ability to lead with professionalism and a “firm first” mindset
- Prior supervisory experience managing the work of employees and vendors/contractors.
- Knowledge of service supplies, equipment, materials, and methods used in custodial work.
- Adept in making minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Availability to work on-call schedule(s) as required
- Bilingual, Spanish & English, strongly preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED and 2 plus years of general service experience or training
- EPA Section 608 certification types I and II, required
- CPO Certification required or must take and pass the certification within 90 days of start date.
- CAMT Certification preferred