General Position Summary
Wieden+Kennedy believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth.
IT acquires, develops, and manages W+K’s enterprise applications and systems. This includes the management and security of W+K’s server, cloud, and network infrastructure. Our IT department is also responsible for creating custom development, business intelligence, and automation solutions for various departments within the agency. IT staff are available 24 hours a day to assist with any tech-related issues or concerns that employees may have.
The Information Technology resident will support the team in its mission.
Major Responsibilities/Primary Functions
- Provides support for all computers and mobile phones (iOS and Android) within the agency
- Creates and maintains relationships with Macintosh / PC related vendors, orders computers and software
- Provides ad hoc training, debugging, setup, and maintenance for Windows and Macintosh hardware and software
- Installs, maintains, and supports advertising specific media and accounting software; including Donovan Data Systems applications
- Supports server products related to the design and production functions within the agency including and not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Docs, Universal Type Server, and video editing applications
- Disposes of old computers/monitors and updates Accounting on status of disposed computers for fixed asset inventory purposes
- Plans and implements software upgrades and product releases within the agency
- Sets up new employee computers/phones and email/voicemail accounts
- Submits PC/Mac related cost forecasts to Desktop Support Manager for inclusion in annual IT budget
- Evaluates new technologies and determines usefulness to agency
Qualifications, Distinguishing Characteristics and Special Requirements
- Experience in the printing field or web development is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in a creative environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients at a variety of levels and across functions.
- A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Highly organized with a keen sense of attention to detail
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and follow through skills
- Ability to move large objects such as desktop computers and monitors with no additional help; ability to access computer hardware no matter location; fine motor skills for minor repairs of computer equipment
- Some after hours work required