At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Principal Rendering Engineer to join us. We are primarily a work-from-home studio with options for collaborating on-site or hybrid work options available as desired by candidates.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will play a meaningful role by developing, tuning, and extending the graphics' technology for our game. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of graphics systems and modern rendering techniques for AAA games and want to work collaboratively with Artists and other Engineers to build a truly outstanding player experience.
What You'll Do:
- Architect rendering systems.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to the art department on how best to realize their vision in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Develop art budgets and target metrics with the Technical Director/Architect to ensure our game is always running great.
- Profile the game and help fix performance problems.
- Build and use tools to measure and improve game performance.
- Develop art workflows and tooling.
- Explore ways to apply the latest graphics innovations to our project.
- Mentor other Engineers on the team.
What You'll Bring
- 6+ years developing outstanding graphics on multiple AAA titles.
- Extensive experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Advanced understanding of C++ and HLSL.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Initiative to push boundaries and a strong desire to build something outstanding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.