At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Central Technology is a newly formed group at Wizards of the Coast with the mission of empowering our game development teams through the creation of high value technology and consultation. We are a group of hardworking developers guided by the belief that by providing industry leading tools, innovative technology, and support we help enable our studios to deliver world class player experiences.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, your week-to-week may vary from crafting SDKs for Unreal Engine, building reusable game tools, debugging an audio engine, helping optimize gameplay systems, and everything in between. You will be collaborating with game studios around the globe to help address their most challenging technical problems.
What You'll Do:
- Establish relationships with game teams to understand how Central Technology can help them succeed and then apply your outstanding problem solving skills to those areas.
- Create innovative solutions to challenging problems related to content pipelines and workflows, runtime systems, developer tools and more.
- Build and then shepherd integration of Central Technology SDKs for Unreal Engine, Unity, and potentially custom game engines.
- Help identify, extract, and promote best practices and reusable technology and across our games.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional game development with deep understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Demonstrable experience programming in C/C++.
- Ability to apply your broad range of game development experience and critical thinking to tackle complex problems.
- Quickly understand and contribute to large game code bases with the flexibility to adopt that project's coding standards and practices.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties independently.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.