At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Lead Audio Programmer to join our team! We are open to on-site, hybrid, and full-time remote working options for potential candidates.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will play a meaningful role on the project by helping push the boundaries of AAA Game Audio. As Lead Audio Programmer, you will partner with a world class Sound Team to build the framework for an exciting new IP, as well as design and craft systems that make the sound department's work sing. From custom systems, tools, spatial audio, to gameplay, your contributions will result in a world class audio experience for our games.
The ideal candidate has proven experience leading Audio Engineers, collaborating with Sound Designers, Technical Sound Designers, Voice and Music Designers, and various teams. You will have the experience in setting up projects from the ground up, as well as taking a project to ship.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the Audio team to bring features to life via systems, tools, and workflows.
- Develop clear, efficient, maintainable, and reliable code as part of the Engineering Team.
- Contribute to cross-team audio tools/features and runtime development to help push the limits of what's possible in-game audio.
- Collaborate with production and the audio team to build and maintain a transparent and reliable audio schedule.
- Author documentation and communicate industry standards and practices for audio systems and tools.
- Establish audio engineering processes, policies, and standards.
- Foster a team culture that prides itself on excellence, innovation, trust, and respect.
- Provide constructive feedback and mentor Audio Engineering team.
- Remain current with industry trends and AAA titles.
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years Software Engineering experience with 4+ years Audio specialty.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Audiokinetic WWISE, Reflect, and various other AK plugins.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, preferably UE5.
- An understanding of audio terminology and technology.
- Experience with simulated acoustics, FFT, synthesis, DSP, etc.
- Expertise in C++.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Ability to empower and encourage your team and those with whom you collaborate with.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.