At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Wizards of the Coast seeks a Digital Product Manager to develop and help build engaging experiences for the successful Magic: The Gathering Arena game. This role can be FT Remote or on-site at our Renton, WA office.
What You'll Do:
As a Digital Product Manager, you will contribute the right mix of a passion for Magic, data-informed design, and a desire to build exciting content. You will thrive in a team environment where we reward collaboration, respect, and open communication.
A Product Manager will accurately craft and implement Magic: The Gathering - Arena content and events and evaluate the impact to inform future offerings. This role is a crucial steward for crafting phenomenal digital Magic experiences for our passionate players. Do you have the determination to help eliminate ambiguity, drive solutions, and usher in the 4th decade of Magic?
- Find the fun! Create engaging and replayable MTG experiences for millions of players of varying types.
- Build content, then measure the results of live service games: seasonal content, feature development, and content plan design
- Apply your passion for Magic, and understand the community
- Advocate for the player while balancing technical constraints and practical data comparisons
- Crafting design documents while maintaining high-quality content within structured timelines
What You'll Bring:
The ideal candidate has a potent mix of creativity, autonomy, technical expertise, and experience from the innovative live services gaming space.
- Passion and experience with Magic: The Gathering.
- Experience defining product and feature requirements as well as the corresponding performance indicators.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a diverse team.
- Ability to elegantly incorporate data into day-to-day decisions.
- Organized and diligent about the features you own.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Magic: The Gathering deckbuilding, or experience as a judge in tabletop events.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience in an agile or a live software development team.
- An understanding of game economies.
- Professional digital game design experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.