At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We believe diversity of experience is fundamental to formulating accessible and fun gaming experiences for all our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team!
The Head of Creative for Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) leads the franchise with the goal to grow audience and revenue world-wide. The role manages the game design, worldbuilding and content team for the core IP as well managing and guiding relationships with teams creating digital expressions for the game.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a creative vision for D&D (worldbuilding, characters, story, RPG game mechanics) that facilitates brand expression and expansion into multiple mediums (film, series, fiction, animation, merchandising, licensing, etc.).
- Lead the teams driving the creative vision and content development for the D&D RPG game across physical and digital mediums.
- Provide creative direction, alignment, and transmedia leadership for D&D IP partnering with teams across the business involved in D&D games, products, or other expressions.
- Forge and strengthen effective and powerful collaboration between the studio and critical groups including Brand Marketing, Digital Licensing, Consumer Products, and Game Studios.
- Establish a clear set of creative KPIs for the franchise.
- Create a team and IP that is rich, diverse, and constantly evolving to meet the needs of our players and expands our audience. You will generate and maintain connections to our fanbase to ensure customer needs are understood and addressed.
- Continually evolve the D&D organization into an outstanding creator of exciting and industry-leading gaming experiences for players of all kinds around the world across a wide array of platforms and channels.
- Grow and evolve our IP to attract new audiences, including younger demographics and under-penetrated regions of the world.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of proven experience in creative leadership in large brands and franchises, preferably game franchises across a broad spectrum of product expressions and audience segments.
- 7+ years leading creative teams that are cross-discipline.
- Inspirational leadership and people management with a consistent track record of encouraging and developing others.
- Executive presence with outstanding communication skills with an ability to craft and communicate vision.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with ground-breaking fast-growth strategies and innovative business models.
- Pragmatic self-starter and inspiring leader with a passion for execution.
- A strong agent for change, accustomed to accountability and driving improvement within teams, with examples to share outlining improved team dynamics and performance within diverse environments.
- Deep experience with Dungeons & Dragons with a thorough understanding of Fifth Edition and our modern player audience.
- Practical experience with multiple creative brand expressions (digital, physical, linear and interactive media).
- Unifying presence in senior-level creative collaborations across verticals and partnerships.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.