At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Senior Manager Global Brand Marketing to lead and own global brand marketing efforts for Magic: The Gathering® Secret Lair product lines. This brand-strategist and relationship-builder should have a passion for leading pop-culture marketing moments including all flavors of marketing initiatives to fuel enthusiasm and engagement amongst fandoms. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in crafting and delivering marketing programs that drive incremental demand for highly desirable collectibles. They also excel at building collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
If the idea of experimenting with innovative and measurable marketing approaches that result in sell-out of premier collector edition type products sounds exciting, and encouraging broad partner alignment is your thing, this is an opportunity to impact the future of an outstanding gaming brand!
What You'll Do:
- Strategic Marketing Leader - Plan, develop, implement, and track all marketing for the Secret Lair product lines, including oversight of campaign goals, strategy, execution, and learning, as well as leading and mentoring a team of brand managers.
- Trusted and Inspirational Partner – Build and nurture effective relationships across cross-functional teams as well as with external partner organizations including licensees through a collaborative and impact-first mentality.
- Brand Champion - Be the marketing business owner and go-to-market leader for Secret Lair and its campaigns.
- Creative Driver - Work with cross-functional teams and external agencies to build larger-than-life and break-thru marketing messaging, while ensuring messaging consistency and brand equity growth.
- Global Supporter - Engage with global regional teams to ensure success in their respective markets.
- Industry Authority – Apply expert-level understanding of the market environment and the opportunity for each release.
- Campaign Connector – Be the go-to person across all internal teams and channels, throughout campaign phases, from conceptualization to implementation and post-campaign analysis, actualizing product business goals.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10 years’ experience in brand management and marketing strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to craft and communicate strategy.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Experience using data to drive decisions and planning.
- Inspirational leadership and people management with a consistent track record of encouraging and developing others.
- An outlier-level passion for both pop-culture collector culture and the business of limited-edition branded merchandise.
- Experience in building bridges with various internal and external team members including licensee partners.
- Validated track record in leading product marketing teams including crafting and driving go-to-market plans and marketing playbooks, with premier entertainment brands.
- Creativity, flexibility, and great sense of humor!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.