At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people worldwide through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a fun-loving Game Capture Artist to partner with creatives, game devs, and marketers to create content and advertising for Magic: The Gathering Arena. In this role, you can flex your technical, creative, and problem-solving muscles while exploring new, exciting ways to highlight the fun for new and longtime fans. Oh, and you will get to play Magic—like all the time.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with marketers and creatives to identify and record new features, cards, mechanics, and other fun stuff.
- Dive into the game engine to use ‘broken camera’ techniques to film gameplay and elements through an exciting cinematic lens.
- Pose and compose character and creature models for use in ads.
- Run and troubleshoot scripts that extract procedurally generated assets.
- Work with devs to build new and novel capture tools.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience working in a digital game studio.
- A love for playing Magic. (You don’t need to be a pro.)
- Strong solid understanding of Unity.
- Experience with both software and hardware capture tools.
- Experience capturing from PC and mobile devices.
- Experience manipulating 3D models.
- An eye for cinematography.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.