At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We believe diversity of experience is fundamental to formulating accessible and fun gaming experiences for all our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team!
The Director of Hobby Commercialization and Sales Development, owns the global strategy for growth and development for the 6000+ stores of our Global Wizards Play Network (WPN) and Hobby Channel, while directly managing our North America hobby sales teams.
Development of a retail partnership model that create positive outcomes for stores running weekly play events will be an important part of what success means for this role.
What You'll Do:
This role will lead initiatives focused on in-store experiences, player acquisition and community building efforts around Wizards/Hasbro brands, with a focus on Magic: The Gathering. You will also oversee budgeting, forecasting, and sales strategy for the Core Hobby retail channel in North America.
- You will be an exceptional leader, mentoring and developing a team of amazing people focused on growing sales and player communities in our Core Hobby retail channel.
- You will be responsible for forecasting and budgeting for both revenue and trade marketing expenditure for the North America Core Hobby retail channel.
- You will create trade marketing strategies for different hobby retail segments
- You will cultivate a productive relationship with key distributors, and will negotiate terms and update contracts with new and existing external partners.
- You will provide guidance on supply chain needs, and lead inventory management plans.
- You will help define the metrics that matter, and work with our Business Intelligence teams to create a dashboard to inform future retail and in-store play strategy. Connecting with our key retailers to provide third party sales data will be an important goal of the team you will oversee.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of proven experience in developing a CPG presence in across a multiple retail locations.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Inspirational leadership and people management with a consistent track record of encouraging and developing others.
- Executive presence with outstanding communication skills with an ability to craft and communicate vision.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with ground-breaking fast-growth strategies and innovative business models.
- Pragmatic self-starter and inspiring leader with a passion for execution.
- A strong agent for change, accustomed to accountability and driving improvement within teams, with examples to share outlining improved team dynamics and performance within diverse environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.