At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Audio Director to join us and build and manage a diverse team of audio designers and engineers that will be tasked with helping concept, establish, and implement a cohesive and engaging audio experience.
Reporting to the studio GM you will play a meaningful role as we concept and kick off pre-production. In this role, you will build and lead our audio team and deliver an immersive soundscape that elevates the player experience of our first game. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in sound design and audio production for AAA games who fosters teamwork and builds trust with leadership and developers alike.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish and articulate an audio vision for the game.
- Build and mentor an audio team to deliver industry-leading sound design.
- Work with external partners to fill any gaps in skills or capacity.
- Select a composer and lead production for the soundtrack of the game.
- Collaborate with the Cinematic Director on casting, VO, and PCap for cinematics.
- Identify technical audio requirements to the Engineering team and assure they're met.
- Integrate sound design into the development process, creating a collaborative relationship that fosters quality and a healthy work environment.
- Maintain the audio budget and partner with the Production team to align audio planning with the rest of the project.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years in audio production at a senior level on multiple AAA games.
- Deep understanding of game audio technology.
- Musical knowledge as a producer, composer, and/or musician.
- Solid foundation in audio equipment setup and usage.
- Preferred experience in horror or thriller video games or film.
- Ability to manage budgets, contracts, schedules, and production for both internal and external audio teams and vendors.
- Experience with composers, soundtrack recording, and production.
- Experience with VO recording and PCap.
- Team leadership and mentorship skills.
- Open and collaborative communications style.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.