At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Wizards security team seeks a Cloud Security Engineer to lead the cloud security program at the Renton, WA Wizards of the Coast location. Working with the Senior Director, IT Security, the successful candidate will contribute to on-going cloud security management and assist in expanding IT security capabilities. The preferred candidate possesses a blend of security competencies, ability to work independently, creative thinking and effective communication skills that will enable the individual to contribute in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
What You'll Do:
- Review security logs and tune the alerting algorithms as appropriate.
- Perform security assessments on cloud deployments in AWS, Azure and Google.
- Participate in system design and architecture reviews as appropriate.
- Monitor the cloud environments for security breaches and investigate a violation when one occurs.
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches. Will be a member of CSIRT Team.
- With the team, develop security standards and approaches for the organization.
- Work with development teams to secure their cloud environments while keeping up their momentum and velocity.
- Configure, install and maintain security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, antivirus, endpoint protection, WAF, wireless security and network access control.
- Perform security event monitoring & analysis related to security violations, potential vulnerabilities and alerts from detection systems.
- Collaborate with development teams globally to ensure our digital products are secure, available and maintain their integrity.
- Assist in defining application security policies and guidelines and lead implementation within a multi-functional team; develop metrics to ensure compliance with policies.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of 8 years-experience with common security tools and applications a must (Intrusion Detection, Firewall Technologies, EDR, NDR).
- 4 Years’ experience using and deploying Native AWS Security tools (Security Hub, Guard Duty, Inspector).
- 4 Years’ experience using industry standard SIEM’s (Sumo Logic, Splunk).
- Proven experience with Identity and Access Management tools, controls and best practices for cloud and federated security models. Preferably have Okta or Ping Identity experience.
- A good understanding of common network, system, API and web application attack vectors and related mitigation strategies.
- Experience with security frameworks such as CIS and NIST.
- Ability to work independently, as a key contributor to the IT security team and lead multi-functional teams.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to work on multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to identify & propose solutions that improve security capabilities & drive operational efficiencies.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.