At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a strong Director of Studio Operations to help grow our digital games business and internal studio!
As the Director of Studio Operations you enable diverse teams to build compelling, inclusive digital experiences that resonate across broad audiences where people of all backgrounds see themselves represented in your work.
This role will act as the focal point for how the studio effects production and operations for games and support services, reporting to the VP of D&D Digital, working closely with digital product leadership. You support the broad integration of multiple teams to deliver products and services across diverse teams, working with internal development and other businesses. You will work with product leadership to develop robust production practices for both live services and active product development teams. Serving as the air traffic controller for emergent work, you will help the studio identify, lead, and prioritize needs across multiple sophisticated problem domains.
What You'll Do:
- Handle a unified high-level digital roadmap and execution plan, matching work to capacity, optimizing slower development loops, highlighting risks, and advising staffing and investment strategy.
- Provide and maintain access to management with respect to overall status, schedule and conflict risks across studio work-efforts.
- Work with digital department leads to demonstrate and improve production pipelines, people, and processes to drive velocity and quality with growing efficiency.
- Audit existing intra-departmental processes and evolve them to provide increased forward visibility and predictability for deliveries.
- Accountable for dependency management and delivery risks management.
- Devise appropriate strategies for studio pipelines and work streams to accommodate scale and successful co-development practices.
- Provide leadership in forging strong working practices between digital production and external business owners and associated support and development needs.
- Be a standout colleague – collaborate with all levels within the organization to assist in solving higher level sophisticated project management issues.
- Partner with other studio leaders to encourage team leaders and members while crafting strong positive relationships with the entire staff, as well as peers.
- Serve as the primary conduit between business development and product leadership.
- Develop positive relationships to establish and maintain a reliable and timely flow of information and materials to all parties, as vital.
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of experience in product development with proven track record of delivery as a lead.
- 4+ years of experience as a senior IC or lead for games and live services.
- You have a deep toolkit of production methodology, technical proficiency and the experience to adapt to new situations.
- Proven track record to unify production efforts across diverse, distributed departments, businesses, and fields.
- Hands-on experience in leading senior production staff for consumer products.
- Senior-level experience with connected, online entertainment.
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand causal motivations.
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of persistence and goal orientation to navigate sophisticated cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Preferred - Production studio operations experience and live game service experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.