At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Director of Business Development for Digital Licensing will be a face of Hasbro and Wizards to the digital gaming community and work closely with our global digital licensing partners across our IP portfolio to further our goal to be one of the biggest and most exciting publishers of games in the world. You will play abroad role in other business development opportunities across all our product lines including Dungeons & Dragons, Transformers, Monopoly, My Little Pony, Magic: The Gathering, and all other Hasbro and Wizards IP.
This position reports to the VP, Digital Licensing.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the Business - develop our digital licensing portfolio and network of development partners and licensors to help us implement our portfolio plans. Drive other aspects of our licensing business as we look to grow our partnerships across the globe.
- Develop the portfolio – with the goal of being the pre-eminent publisher and licensor of digital games, research, identify, and initiate contact with leading partners in the games eco-system and work to determine a way to work with partners to grow the business footprint of our properties.
- Contract Negotiation - Work with Legal regarding contract execution and rights issues.
- Financial Planning - Assist with budgeting, financial planning, and development, and implementation of digital portfolio plans to hit revenue targets, grow the licensing business & incremental revenue potential.
- Source, negotiate, close, and maintain long term partnerships with our licensors ensuring appropriate business terms and mutual success.
- Lead existing licensor relationships to assure continuous delivery on game experience and business goals.
- Generate and communicate a deep understanding of the digital gaming industry worldwide to assist in identifying business opportunities.
- Conduct high-level diligence on potential developer and licensing partners to evaluate their capacity for outstanding game development
What You'll Bring:
- 12+ years mobile/video game of validated experience, with a proven record of carrying out game development and licensing deals.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience in complex multi-year/title terms with major developers and licensors.
- Strong knowledge of mobile, gaming, apps, social media, digital eco-system, current trends, and key players.
- Demonstrated success in building and leading successful developer and license partnership programs.
- Able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills, deal interpretation and analysis, revenue/profit modeling and ultimate sound business judgment.
- Must be detail oriented with strong interpersonal and presentation skills; must possess a consistent record multi-tasking across projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be comfortable working with senior level staff both internally and across a wide range of partners spanning cultures, languages and backgrounds.
- Comfortable with handling ambiguity and collaborating across functional teams and departments
- A passion for games!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.