At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Within Wizards, we are building an internal studio focused on creating a new video game franchise with cross-generational appeal. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first game - a completely new franchise and IP in the 3rd Person Multiplayer Action/Adventure genre, built for multiple platforms!
We are seeking a motivated Level Designer with a passion for engaging spatial layouts and a penchant for guiding players through beautiful worlds with thoughtfully crafted spaces to join our growing team. In collaboration with Design and Artistic vision holders within Wizards' New IP Studio, you will play a critical role as we kick off Pre-Production on an exciting new gaming franchise. You will actively work with a small, cross disciplinary team to solidify the vision for the game world, its appearance, spacial layouts and the activities found within.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the craft of level design and has experience creating memorable spaces and activities. You have high standards in everything you do and measure every experience you create through the lens of the Player experience.
What You'll Do:
- Own and implement immersive gameplay spaces, activities and scenarios that support the game's creative vision and foster a robust multiplayer experience.
- Work in close collaboration with Art, Narrative and other teams to build a cohesive user-focused experience.
- Collaborate with Gameplay Designers to define and tweak game mechanics and experiences.
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum of 2-3 years game development experience in hands-on Level Design Role.
- Sound understanding of multi-player game design, storytelling, game mechanics, level flow, pacing etc.
- Experience with Unity, design production tools and level editing pipelines.
- Good sense of aesthetics, design, colors and an eye for composition.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
- Passion for open world, exploratory level design.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.