For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a motivated individual with innovation and growth mindset who will lead all digital accounting for Wizards’ Digital Games business including setting revenue recognition policy, aiding in budgeting/forecasting detailed product P&L’s. The Manager of Digital Reporting role provides key accounting/financial support for Digital Game product owners and the Senior Leadership Team.
What You'll Do:
- Own all Digital results and reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Revenue, cost of sales, etc.) and act as the primary point of contact for all financial reporting aspects of Digital business.
- Be responsible for maintaining and reconciling Digital product valuations and deferred revenues.
- Be responsible for verifying P&L’s required for meeting 3rd party development royalty calculations and coordinate with Corp Royalties for recording and payment of the royalties.
- Account for and monitor capital expenditures, depreciation, and 3rd party/internal development costs.
- Assures that all financial submissions to Corporate are accurate, timely, and in accordance with guidelines for external reporting of consolidated digital P&L’s.
- Analysis of Digital P&L’s including monetization and expense analysis as well as monthly financial and variance analysis.
- Learn, apply, and document accounting standards applicable to the digital gaming industry in conjunction with external auditors for the studios financial planning, modeling requirements.
- Provide financial input, review, and approvals for all Digital development contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for General ledger entries and General ledger reconciliations as assigned.
- Provide necessary information, documents to fulfill Internal and external audit requests.
- Manages all non-SAP generated digital revenue including process writing, recognition and reporting.
- Liaison between WOTC and corporate royalties on accruals and payments.
- Backup to financial reporting manager on consolidated US$ financial statements.
What You'll Bring:
- 3 – 5 years accounting in a digital environment with supervisory experience.
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, MBA, MS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Strategic problem solver, strong planner and organizational agility to drive continued business transformation.
- Ability to work at a detailed level and individual contributor.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have excellent attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines.
- Strong systems proficiency, including expert Excel, SAP.
- Experience leading financial and cross functional teams.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills and experience.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.