At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We believe diversity of experience is fundamental to formulating accessible and fun gaming experiences for all our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team!
The Director Brand Marketing & Strategy, for the Magic Franchise, owns the global brand strategy and marketing of Magic with the goal to grow their global audiences and revenues. It is directly responsible for global brand and product marketing strategy and go-to market execution. Franchise leadership for creative execution across the blueprint and long-range business planning. Involved at the strategic levels across Franchise IP Development and Entertainment, CP licensing and other areas of the blueprint outside of our core product offerings.
What You'll Do:
This role will own campaign planning, budget allocation and marketing priorities for the brand across all regions.
- Oversee global brand and products go-to-market plans and strategies through a team of product marketing professionals working hand-in-hand with studio leadership.
- Be an exceptional leader, mentoring and developing a team of amazing product marketers.
- Lead best-in-class brand creative executions across all expressions to ensure brand presentation consistency and brand equity growth over time.
- Responsible for aligning all product and go-to-market strategies with the entertainment themes and schedules across all internal and external partners.
- Partner with key collaborators to define, bring to market and grow such product/category audiences and revenues.
- Drive brand-level marketing with a specific focus on new audiences and new generations of gamers.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the brand and with our partners
- Franchise long range planning with studio leaders is critical to grow the portfolio of products for the Magic Franchise applying consumer insights to inform product, category, genre and platforms roadmaps to offer superior entertainment value to players.
- Lead the Franchise multi-year long range global revenue plans, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights and Business Intelligence to identify insights to all stakeholders.
- Partner with Franchise development in CP and Licensing with the goal to grow long term Franchise revenues.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of proven experience in leading and growing the revenue and audience of consumer franchises, preferably game franchises across a broad spectrum of product expressions.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Inspirational leadership and people management with a consistent track record of encouraging and developing others.
- Executive presence with outstanding communication skills with an ability to craft and communicate vision.
- Creative problem solver comfortable with ground-breaking fast-growth strategies and innovative business models.
- Pragmatic self-starter and inspiring leader with a passion for execution.
- A strong agent for change, accustomed to accountability and driving improvement within teams, with examples to share outlining improved team dynamics and performance within diverse environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.