At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Skeleton Key is a new game development studio and division of Wizards of the Coast. We are a group of industry veterans who are guided by the belief that empowering our teams and providing the proper time, tools, and support we can foster a creative culture where everyone can do their best work.
Our new studio will be located in Austin, TX, and we are looking for a passionate and dedicated Lead or Senior Producer to join us and drive the Production process and direction for this project.
In this role you will be a part of the Studio Leadership team reporting to the Studio Head. As a member of the leadership team you are responsible for setting the tone for how we communicate, operate, and deliver great games. You will serve as the primary mediator between leadership and the team and are accountable for identifying risks, proactively crafting mitigation plans, removing roadblocks for the development team, and ensuring that communication is open, honest, and direct. You will also help us build and cultivate a healthy, high-functioning studio and culture!
What You'll Do:
- Lead efforts to keep the teams actively communicating and collaborating between each other and leadership.
- Be the “go-to” person for the team to help reduce, alleviate, solve, or expedite issues preventing healthy development.
- Work with design and creative leads to collaboratively build goals for the overall project and be the conciliator to ensure we meet them.
- Pioneer and influence a positive, upbeat, safe, inclusive, and diverse studio culture.
- Pitch and carry out risk mitigation strategies, roadmap adjustments, and project scope changes with the development and leadership teams.
- Be able to adopt new initiatives or ideas, understand the value of the change, and promote adoption and awareness with the team.
- Provide feedback that is direct and honest but is paired with care and a genuine desire to improve and support.
- Work with Production Director and producers to establish accessible, low-friction, and intuitive development processes.
- Build, interpret, and deliver team performance reports to indicate overall team velocity, project health, and progress towards project goals.
- Resilience and flexibility to work within many project methodologies and philosophies.
- Efficiently support, shepherd, and maintain a clear and prioritized backlog and agile ceremonies or artifacts.
- Understand personal or team emotions and how to nurture or redirect them with humility, rather than impede or aggravate them in a professional workspace.
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of proven experience in development and operations of AAA console/PC video games with several years as a Senior Producer or Project Manager.
- Shipped multiple game titles with at least one AAA title.
- Experience partnering with engineering, design, animation, VFX, audio, and art teams.
- Knowledge of various development methodologies and their applications (e.g. Agile)
- Comprehensive experience with all phases of game development from concept to submission and continued development post-launch.
- Experience managing projects, planning, and schedules across multiple groups.
- Outstanding knowledge of video game industry, trends, and player sentiment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and operates with empathy and understanding.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.