At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like M agic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are looking for a skilled Principal Engineer that is an expert with deep knowledge of developing cross-platform AAA games, who wants to work with all teams to build a truly outstanding gaming experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a Technical Leader and set the standard on technical direction and the overall engineering department.
- Be a strong voice in crafting the long-term technical roadmap for major engineering systems, tech debt, performance and innovations.
- Proactively identify issues and fix difficult problems as an individual contributor.
- Help build out strong standard methodologies and performance metrics, while seeking continual improvement of the engineering organization.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of experience with Architecture/System Design.
- Expert Level C++ Experience
- Passion for directly implementing code changes, or partnering with teams to improve processes and make sure changes are implemented.
- Experience working on multiple AAA games at all phases of development.
- Experience working with large code bases and long range technical planning.
- Mentor team members as needed to increase their capabilities and efficiency.
- Experience with giving and receiving feedback.
- Experience multi-tasking and adapting easily to change.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and teams.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.