At Invoke, our mission is to Have Fun Building Great Games.
We believe the best games come from people who love what they do, in an environment that values them and their ideas. That’s why we make games that our younger selves used to dream about and that we would like to play (ou that we still like to play). And we make sure that everyone has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success. Being part of Wizards of the Coast, we get to contribute to a collection of games that have inspired players and developers for decades.
At Invoke, you get to play your part as a valued member of an open and dedicated team within a magical world!
Invoke is looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our creative team and develop game systems and mechanics for our next game. The ideal candidate is passionate about gameplay and player experience, displays mastery over the various facets of game design and is able to show high level of ownership and leadership on a project
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the creative leadership to develop the game’s vision into practical and executable designs.
- Own game features and systems end-to-end from the design side, concepting and building them with an eye towards player engagement and retention.
- Craft new features to hit product goals, including initial concepting, building out all the specs and documentation.
- Guide the team through development and iteration on the feature, including working with production to scope, prioritize, and schedule and working with programmers, artists, other designers, and QA to deliver on that plan.
- Research & identify market opportunities tailoring the design development towards innovation, engagement and potential.
- Benchmark and break down competitor’s games into defined references, analysis and inspiration.
- Fine tune and balance the game mechanics using data metrics, playtests and regular observation.
- Mentor other designers and team members in the fundamentals of elegant design, feedback triage, and adaptive design.
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of overall game design/development on AAA titles.
- Experience implementing designs in Unreal or similar engine.
- Experience in feature design, and be able to build fun gameplay that drives player engagement.
- Initiative to push boundaries and a strong desire to build something outstanding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Live services support is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Invoke commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regard based on the following: age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, race, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities. We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.