At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Narrative Designer to be the owner of and drive the micro and macro narrative needs on the project.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Creative Director and other designers to build storylines that enhance and compliment the overall game pillars, mission/level design, world building and tone.
- Help craft and architect narrative systems that support delivering compelling, engaging, and immersive game experiences.
- Write, review, and edit mission and story dialogue, and other supporting text.
- Ensure consistent voice for characters.
- Maintain narrative documentation, including script database, writing style and pronunciation guides, etc.
- Reviewing writing for the project and providing mentorship based on the established style and specific aesthetic.
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Audio Director, Designers, external voice directors, and voice talent to help coordinate and conduct VO sessions (preparing casting docs, character sides and scripts, providing direction and context, etc.)
What You'll Bring:
- Direct, professional experience with non-linear storytelling.
- At least 1 shipped title on a AAA video game development team as a Narrative Designer or Narrative Director.
- Deep passion for the video game creation process and the craft of storytelling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing and recording dialogue for games.
- Experience with giving and receiving feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience multi-tasking and adapting easily to change.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, can perform duties with little oversight.
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all internal departments and teams as well as external partners/stakeholders.
- Experience with and/or ability to work within established IP framework.
- Knowledge and Passion of/for mass market entertainment and pop culture brands across major entertainment mediums (comics, books, TV, animation, film, etc.).
- Specific knowledge of and passion for the GI JOE IP is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.