At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you passionate about game development with a primary orientation towards production and project management? Come use your unmatched love of spreadsheets to help create order out of chaos, empowering creative teams as we supercharge the Magic: The Gathering Trading Card Game!
As the Producer for Magic Product Strategy, you'll be responsible for managing the business side of the Magic tabletop global portfolio, including the creation of new SKUs, assisting with P&Ls, and OTHER AWESOME THINGS. You'll work closely with a team of Producers to assist with scheduling, documentation, resolving issues, and keeping everyone in the loop.
You'll get to work in a fast-paced yet lively environment with a passionate group of creative product marketers and product managers. Our team is the origination point for Wizards' biggest products, and this role is essential in supporting Magic's success!
What You'll Do:
This role’s day-to-day responsibilities can range from generating documentation to keep strategic alignment across teams and vendors at its best, identifying potential problem areas (and diving in to ensure they're resolved), and more.
- Partner with other producers to keep schedules and documentation up to date holistically across all products in development.
- Maintain a database of details for each of Magic's many global products.
- Support Senior Producers with day-to-day tasks that require consistent oversight, ranging from informing team members when product plans change, to tracking critical handoffs of Magic sets through their development.
- Own maintenance of project requirement documentation, with special attention to making timely updates that contain accurate detail and correct information.
- Establish process improvements and ideas for new ways we can work smarter, helping the team continue to scale.
- Learn the ins and outs of building Magic: The Gathering products, under the mentorship and guidance of our Producer group.
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ yrs experience as a Producer in a creative development environment.
- Ability to thrive with ambiguity, while iterating towards goals, structure, timing, and documentation.
- An outstanding balance between a flexible and forward-thinking mentality, with a strong orientation towards process.
- An organized, meticulous approach to your work. You're able to build efficiencies to further streamline complex processes.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent collaboration skills between creative, development, and cross-functional teams.
- You have a bias towards action; you're unafraid to jump in and help resolve issues, clear up communication gaps, and sort out misinformation.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.