At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Digital Platforms team comprises of two parts: MTG Apps and Platform Services. This new opportunity focuses on the MTG Apps portion of our business which includes how players or retailers interact with the physical Magic game: Companion, Eventlink, Gatherer, Locator, and SpellTable. This role may also collaborate with the Platform Services side which includes our Accounts system, social and ecommerce connectors, and other shared systems.
As the Senior Data Product Owner on the Digital Platforms team, you will ensure we are capturing the right information to meaningfully move our businesses forward. You will collaborate across the team and the company with project managers, engineers, quality assurance analysts, and strategic leadership to analyze sophisticated problems and recommend data-informed solutions. You will use your tactical knowledge of getting user behavior data from apps to data lake and your strategic approach to be able to influence partner roadmaps toward a shared vision.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the bigger data vision across systems - This role will own the progress toward our data system as a whole. It is accountable for strategic vision and tactical execution. It is responsible for MTG App data validity, transparency, accessibility, and scalability in collaboration with app, ETL, and BI teams.
- Build and represent the data pipeline - this position ensures apps are sending the right payloads, that the QA team is performing their due diligence, that the ETL team's requirements are met, and that the Product Managers have what they need to continually drive user and business impact.
- Own the Playbook - Through filling gaps in past documentation and publishing easy-to-incorporate processes for integration, this position will make onboarding new apps and partners to our practices and expectations a breeze.
What You'll Bring:
- 5 years of building proactive data analysis to drive business strategy and/or execution.
- 2 years combining multiple data sources (web, mobile app, internal systems, etc.).
- Experience influencing other disciplines on collecting, QA'ing, and interpreting data toward better questions and answers.
- A track record of building data solutions from mobile and web apps that directly improve the performance of the business including data architecture, payload documentation/tracking, the ETL process, and analysis delivery/presentation.
- Proficiency in SQL (Postgres, TSQL, etc.), Python, and other analytic programming tools, libraries, and languages.
- Tactical experience building new data products on new but growing data infrastructure.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.