At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to use your leadership skills to nurture and grow a fun-loving and dedicated team of creative game design and art professionals?
Magic: The Gathering is seeking a Creative Manager to define and grow our new Universe Beyond team, a group focused on bringing top pop culture IPs into our best-in-class Trading Card Game!
What You'll Do:
In this role, there's four key areas of focus:
- Leading a cohesive and high-functioning group of creative game designers and art directors by managing their workloads, developing their skills, keeping close tabs on resourcing, and encouraging a culture of inclusivity and excellence.
- Developing a culture of teamwork and integration between the creative team, game design, and our IP partners — as well as product design, business development, producers, and our worldbuilding team.
- Leading the process and execution of a large volume of Universes Beyond creative card content, including: crafting variations in processes to fit each project with our production teams and seeing around corners to help set up your team for success.
- Identifying the need for external subject matter experts, freelance art buyers and writing talent for various IPs and partnering with the Resource Manager on recruiting, sourcing and outreach.
What You'll Bring:
A top candidate for this role would bring:
- 3+ years of creative leadership experience across diverse skills (writing, art, design).
- Understanding around the process of creative outsourcing.
- Fantastic communication skills and high comfort levels around giving and receiving feedback.
- High attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills.
- Adept in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and comfortable with remote collaboration tools (MS Teams, Smartsheet, Miro, etc.).
In the Wizards TCG Studio, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating broadly accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.