At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you ready to be on the cutting edge of collectibles? As a Senior Product Designer for Secret Lair within Studio X, you will help craft and coordinate products for Magic’s experimental sub-brand. Help drive the content pipeline for the Secret Lair Drop Series, shaping card content for individual drops and then guiding them through the development and release process as a key vision holder. You’ll also combine data, creativity, and instinct to help invent new and experimental products within the Secret Lair brand. You’ll work closely with the other members of the core Secret Lair team, while also working across the org to unlock what’s needed for our customers, partners, and business.
What You'll Do:
- Design Secret Lair drops; turn creative concepts into reality by recommending balanced and compelling card selections to pair with them. Help decide what cards go where.
- Serve as a Product Architect for much of the Secret Lair Drop Series product pipeline; be a primary point of contact/truth as the products go through the process from the first idea to final sale.
- Become a trusted and engaged partner for groups across the building; Creative, Production, Operations, Editing, Sales, Legal, Marketing, and more.
- Help take Secret Lair to the next level; conceive of and pitch new and thrilling things we could be doing. Then, own those projects as they become real.
- Help guide the essence of the entire program. We’re a small group committed to collaboration and building things we’re passionate about, and we’re looking for someone with opinions, taste, and exciting ideas.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience in game design or product design.
- Strong familiarity with Magic: The Gathering as a game, product, and ecosystem, as well as a nuanced understanding of the collectibles industry generally.
- Phenomenal collaboration, and strong professional and interpersonal skills - be someone outside groups look forward to working with.
- A spirit of fearlessness and optimism; Secret Lair swings for the fences!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.