At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for a Social Media Marketing Manager to help lead all aspects of our social marketing initiatives. As a key member of the Marketing organization, you will work closely with business partners across the company to execute high-impact social campaigns driving engagement with our fans, generating new follower growth, and reacquiring players across our portfolio of franchises and products, including Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®.
You are a social marketing professional who possesses hands-on campaign deployment, proficiency in social marketing analytics, and experience with global brands. You are an expert-level user of social media management tools and channels who can counsel internal partners on standard methodologies. You will take ownership of your projects while also working collaboratively as a team to meet and exceed our business objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Build and continuously evolve social media strategies that grow paid and organic engagement, followers, and brand awareness across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Collaborate with global brand marketing, digital marketing, creative, and community teams, to set and execute overall social content calendars that deliver best-in-class social content. Provide ongoing performance feedback to inform content creation strategy and optimal new product launch support plans.
- Analyze new and existing social media platforms, recommend and manage mix of platforms as part of the digital media marketing ecosystem. Continuously evolve and improve social media benchmarking and standardize metrics methodologies.
- Evaluate paid and organic content for optimization and strategic opportunities to improve.
- Stay at the forefront of pop culture and industry trends across social media to advise content development, social tactics, and overall strategy.
- Ensure that social marketing plans incorporate and are consistent with marketing objectives, delivering quantifiable results for each program.
- Drive project management for social programs on a day-to-day level while keeping an eye on a long-term vision for goals and growth.
- Be an industry leader observing market trends, providing inspiration and thought leadership on ways to engage our audience and grow our social media followers.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- 5+ years of social media marketing.
- Passion for and experience with crafting social-first content, with a proven track record to think strategically about creative and a solid understanding of the social media landscape.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience handling social media campaigns across social platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Ability to develop social strategies and media plans, as well as quantify the reach, impact, and efficiency metrics of each social campaign.
- Experience with enterprise social listening tools and social marketing reporting platforms.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment where occasional evening and weekend coverage may be required.
- Experience working with global brands; gaming preferred.
- Passion for both games and the business of games.
- Empathy for gamers and the global gaming community.
- Known for building collaborative relationships with key partners, business partners, and leaders with vision.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.