At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for an impactful, innovative Global Product Marketing Managers to support our flagship brand, Magic: The Gathering OR the Secret Lair brand. In this role, you'll be responsible for crafting highly-targeted positioning, preview, and content strategies for global tabletop product campaigns. By coordinating the strategy efforts between our product development and marketing teams, you'll find new methods of engagement to delight and entertain our fans while achieving business goals.
The ideal candidate pays attention to the details. They find the key insights alongside Business Intelligence and Product partners and figure out how to turn them into marketing gold. They are creative, collaborative with others, and get things done. We are excited to find a passionate, entrepreneurial business mind who can lead teams of diverse talents to a goal. The best candidates have a proven background in CPG or collectibles marketing, business strategy, and/or communications. In fact, you have probably led marketing campaigns for new consumer packaged goods, entertainment franchises, and/or developed new business strategies and/or handled corporate communications – preferably for an entertainment or collectibles brand.
This is a high-profile role within the company, so you will possess an outstanding sense of self-awareness, excellent writing and strong diplomatic skills. You're a specialist at relationship-building and know how to bring key consumer insights to the table to build collaborative outcomes and deliver results. You’d rather do and lead than sit back and wait for orders!
What You'll Do:
Product Marketing Management:
- Build positioning statements, marketing beats and comprehensive strategies for each campaign.
- Lead marketing channel groups to develop creative centers, channel approaches, and lead tactical execution including preview planning.
- Collaborate with regional teams to build custom campaigns and tailored approaches to each market.
- Work with Consumer Insights and Business Intelligence teams to identify trends, opportunities, and points of innovation.
- Manage and evaluate critical metrics across campaigns.
- Identify cross-studio marketing opportunities.
- Maintain and update master franchise calendar for your area.
- Close communication with Business Intelligence and Consumer Insights to maintain up-to-date reports of identified key success metrics.
- Pitch in on other Franchise team projects and responsibilities, including but not limited to: Entertainment marketing plans, product marketing plans.
- Assist and advise other teams on brand integrity matters.
What You'll Bring:
- A minimum of 3-5 years professional marketing or business strategy experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of, interest in or experience with games, sci-fi, fantasy properties and passionate fan communities.
- Knowledge of the pop culture and entertainment industry, trends and enthusiasm for research.
- Proven ability to lead large, cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to successfully plan, develop and execute campaigns and projects independently.
- Rock solid organization, time management and attention to detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and positive attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.