Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking an experienced Producer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with multiple departments to execute production plans, championing a strong production culture, and driving our first game to launch. The ideal candidate is a leader of multi-disciplinary teams on large, AAA game development projects who promotes collaboration and builds trust with leadership and developers alike. This role reports to the Senior Producer.
What you’ll do
- Own and implement development schedules for cross-functional teams of designers, artists, and engineers. Keep the team focused on delivery through changes and setbacks.
- Communicate effectively. Deliver context-specific information at the right level to the right people at the right time.
- Champion strong production methodologies throughout the organization by promoting a culture that prioritizes sensible planning, open collaboration, and one that balances quality and timeliness.
- Lead from the front. Encourage collaborative relationships, provide safe areas to grow ideas, and remain flexible and adaptable. Make every day better than yesterday.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with external partners.
- Set clear agendas and lead development meetings. Note action items and disseminate information to the team.
- Resolve problems, prioritize, and find creative solutions to achieve results.
- Seek out and identify project-wide deficiencies and implement process improvements to correct them.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years production experience on cross-disciplinary game development teams for both console and PC platforms.
- Ability to solve hard project management problems and work with leads and team members to develop durable solutions as well as a passion for mentoring and making your team better.
- Jira project management and customization.
- Proficient with Perforce.
- Excel power user.
- Excellent communicator, open, and highly collaborative.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.