At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are seeking a Director Global Brand Marketing that will build the future of Dungeons & Dragons’ digital play experience! As a marketing leader, you will craft the long-range vision for D&D’s digital future and the consistent voice and strategies applied across all brand assets to reach that vision. You will also be the voice of the player, passionate about delivering excellence and electrifying our fandom. You will have extensive experience in leading marketing efforts for successful franchises, especially with live service games and franchises that have a deep digital connection to their audience. Understanding of digital games and digital marketing is a requirement.
What You'll Do:
- Be the vision holder. You will set the strategy and vision for the rollout and marketing of D&D’s digital play experience.
- Be the team captain. You will lead the marketing organization to achieve the visions and strategies you set forth and solve problems to elevate teams.
- Be the digital authority. You will use your extensive knowledge of live service marketing, user acquisition, and business analytics to keep the team data-informed and data-grounded on approaches.
- Present vision and strategy to executives and drive a clear understanding of marketing efforts across the Wizards leadership team.
- Cultivate close relationships with key players across RPG, digital, gaming, and business development teams who share in the long-range vision for Dungeons & Dragons.
- Partner closely with regional marketing teams to set the global vision, then advise and align as that vision is translated to markets across the world.
- Keep a pulse on the player through community and market research to ensure all brand efforts will continue to grow fan reach, engagement, and delight.
- Focus on the future and devise new pathways to bring more audiences into the D&D franchise.
- Keep a level head through the noise and flux of such a large and beloved franchise to help the business focus on what really matters.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience leading marketing for live service PC/console games and/or mobile games.
- Marketing leadership experience on at least 1 major franchise in gaming and/or entertainment.
- A deep understanding of and passion for gaming and the business of games.
- Craftsperson insights that lead to a vision and strategies that actually move the needle.
- Exceptional communications ability to bring that vision to clear implementation.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.