At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We believe there will always be a place for legendary games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that technology should empower every Wizard to perform at their highest level.
As a Cloud Engineering Manager for Wizards of the Coast you will be leading an engineering team delivering our scalable cloud infrastructure platform! You will work with a team of engineers in an agile work environment to design and develop cloud-based services, tools and infrastructure used by our games and products so that they can meet their design, capacity, and security requirements in a low friction way.
You'll also be working to deliver performance optimizations, availability, and other value-adds to our cloud-based services.
You will work with a diverse set of product and engineering teams to design and build innovative cloud services that exceed industry standards and provide our product, game, creative, and business teams with ease of use and flexibility in design.
What You'll Do:
- Build, grow and lead a cloud engineering team that provides superior services and support.
- Drive the development and priority of the cloud infrastructure roadmap focused on emerging technologies that can provide business value while managing cost.
- Participate in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects ensuring they meet customer needs.
- Maintain an understanding of emerging architectural concepts, methods, and associated technology trends as it relates to external cloud services.
- Ensure our cloud services adhere to relevant SOX, PCI, ITIL, corporate security or other applicable compliance standards.
- Establish a culture of automation and Infrastructure-As-Code using Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Docker, or equivalent industry leading tools.
- Partner with technical leaders across the company to establish broad technology direction and vision.
What You'll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud technologies.
- 5+ years leading engineering teams in support of critical, multi-tier services.
- Experience implementation, automation, and management cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated experience building cloud infrastructure services with a strong focus on cost management.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment responding to a system with 24x7 uptime.
- Experience working across engineering teams to drive alignment and shared vision.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.