At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in - we are seeking a passionate, hardworking event production specialist for the role of Manager, Global Events!
You will be part of the overall Play Studio Global Events Team responsible for adding entertainment value at all levels of play. This role is focused on crafting and implementing event strategy for large to mid-size in-person festival experiences, communications, and tactics for attendee interactions as well as administrative duties, vendor & sponsor correspondence, and logistics.
What you’ll do:
- Craft and manage festival event strategies, tactics, project plans and logistics for a cross functional team to execute while also keeping timelines and budgets on track with your outstanding organizational skills.
- Provide ongoing and timely communications with venue managers, vendors and the festival operations team regarding each festival event’s structure and needs.
- Lead on-site operations on day of live event including logistics, travel, lodging, staffing schedules and training.
- Coordinate contract routing and purchase order requests to ensure the lowest cost and highest quality of service and handle vendor relationships.
- Compile post event results to highlight customer behaviors that can inform future marketing efforts.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, releases, and developments.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of proven experience in event production management and/or related field.
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, specifically around the clock scheduling and operations for the duration of festival events.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, lead through influence, and work with a diverse team.
- Knowledge of theatrical/event production process, standards, and management; Artistic, scenic, environmental & interior design ability a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills; capable of articulating both strategic recommendations and detailed tactical plans
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast paced, global environment.
- Positivity, a critical eye, a passion for continuous improvement, and the ability to learn new things.
- Knowledge of Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and or gaming/entertainment industry a plus.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.