At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
What is this role all about:
As the Research Analyst on the Product Insights team, you will bring quantitative data to life! Our team conducts quantitative and qualitative research to help the Magic: The Gathering studio develop better products and programs. You will use your analytics skills, presentations skills, and love of games to craft data-driven stories. You will collaborate with product architects and researchers to answer business questions through analysis of survey and marketplace data.
What will you be doing:
- Analyze quantitative survey research results, build compelling visuals, and write meaningful narratives that effectively tailor insights to the relevant audiences.
- Synthesize insights from both existing research and previous projects to answer ad-hoc questions.
- Support the team with planning, coordinating, and wrapping up research projects.
- Work cross- functionally with studio stakeholders, Consumer Insights, and Business Intelligence teams to execute research needs
- Conduct and lead internal product polls
- Build expertise in knowledge about our players and products; become the voice of the customer across a variety of research projects.
- Manage and organize our repository of research to make it more accessible across teams.
What would make you a phenomenal fit:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Economics/Statistics, Business, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, or a closely related field
- 2+ years of work experience in Market Research or Consumer Insights
- Knowledge of basic statistics, research, and sampling methodologies
- Detailed oriented, ability to project timelines and expectations. Experience with smartsheets is a plus)
- Advanced analytics, SQL/Python, Tableau is a bonus
- Knowledge of and passion for games, including Magic: The Gathering
At Wizards, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to creating accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.