At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
How would you like to help create the next great digital product for Dungeons & Dragons®? We are looking for a hardworking, inspirational, and experienced Senior Software Engineer - Client to join our team in bringing D&D to life!
- A motivated tech leader with experience creating and playing RPGs, especially D&D
- Work with other high-talent, high-experience developers that share your passions
- Collaborate directly with designers and artists to create story-telling technologies
- Architect and implement clients and services in support of large-scale, online gaming platforms
What You'll Do:
- Innovating on existing Dungeons & Dragons creative processes to better deliver more enjoyable, narrative experiences for our existing and new players / accessibility, engagement, storytelling, acquisition!
- Driving quality, extensible architecture that scales, is efficient to operate, and resilient enough for the challenges of live game operations.
- Sharing core engineering principles while working hands-on with the team to achieve success.
- Rapidly prototyping a variety of concepts to actualize the product vision.
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with multiple teams.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years’ software design experience
- 3+ years’ experience using Unreal Engine
- Familiarity building game applications across multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android)
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine editor and tools
- Understands how to work with a product designed for multiple clients across multiple backend components
- Ability to conduct effective requirements gathering and analysis
- Communicates well and does not hesitate to initiate dialog with the relevant partners
- A passion for mentoring and guiding engineers
- Willingness to help troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise
- Experience working with other engineering and product teams to integrate multiple service technologies
- Extensive knowledge of interactive software production processes, timelines, tools, and methodologies, especially in a live product environment
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.