At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you prepared with your outstanding skills to join our party of adventurers?
We are seeking an experienced Senior FX Artist! As an FX Artist, you will specialize in authoring visual effects via particles/shader tricks to compliment gameplay for interfaces, characters, and environments. The ideal candidate will author a library of FX which can be appropriately applied and expanded upon as a game matures. He or she will have a strong eye for art quality and be able to match the effects’ style and visual fidelity to their uses in the game.
What you'll do:
- Create spells, creature attacks, explosions and more FX animations and help establish a signature style for the individual FX and the general style FX overall
- Ability to prototype and build block-out FX
- Work with our team of artists, designers, and writers to establish consistent standard methodologies.
- Consistently push content creation to maximum potential.
- Structure unified aesthetics for various families of FX that will proliferate throughout a project.
- Ability to build FX for UI
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title from start to finish on multiple platforms.
- Artistic eye with a sophisticated understanding of the creation of custom particles effects
- Proven understanding of timing and motion graphics
- Deep knowledge of modern digital development tools
- Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
- Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. concepts, in-engine examples, in-game final products, etc.)
- Has trained or mentored others.
- Illustration of ability to work in a range of various styles and applications.
- Interest and understanding in visual design outside of effects. (e.g. graphic design, environment design, etc.)
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.