Are you a passionate Senior-level Producer who has a proven track record leading video game development teams in successfully shipping AAA console and PC games?
Wizards of the Coast (a division of Hasbro) is opening a new video game development studio in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from WB Games and other AAA studios. We are building a new game development team with outstanding talent to create our first multi-platform, AAA Action-Adventure game set in the GI JOE Universe!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Producer to join our new team. As a Senior Producer, you will be responsible for building and leading our production team, developing our production processes, and driving our first game to launch.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader of multi-disciplinary game development teams on large, AAA video game projects who cultivates teamwork and builds trust with leadership and developers alike. You will help build, lead, mentor, and inspire a team of developers, developing positive relationships with internal and external partners and shared component teams throughout the company.
You have experience leading both internal and external game teams, have a genuine passion for video games and video game development, and are eager to join us in our mission to elevate Wizards’/Hasbro’s digital gaming efforts to be best in class.
This role reports to the studio’s Executive Producer.
What you’ll do
- Build and mentor a team to lead all aspects of game production
- Provide production expertise and drive adoption of standard methodologies to build our game development processes and pipelines, including planning, reviews, and approvals
- Assure the development team is working in a balanced manner to deliver work to high standards of quality
- Own the production roadmap to assure that time, cost, and quality are aligned with the game vision and goals
- Coordinate the project’s accessibility goals and assure that they are integrated into the roadmap
- Handle vendor relationships and integrate them with the studio’s development processes
- Work with the Engineering team to build the software and services needed for development
- Drive the use of retrospectives and health checks to foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Define and implement dashboards and other reporting that keep the team informed on project progress
What you’ll bring
- At least 2 shipped games in a Producer level role at a game development studio with cross-disciplinary game development teams on both console and PC platforms
- Deep understanding of game development pipelines, dependencies, and risk assessment
- Ability to solve hard project management problems and work with leads and team members to develop durable solutions as well as a passion for mentoring and making your team better
- Experience with first party platform requirements, certification, and submission processes
- Experience managing producers and associate producers
- Experience managing internal publishing partners, external partners and their relationship with the project and the studio
- Experience with studio, project, and vendor budgeting processes
- Jira project management and customization
- Managing outsourcing and localization vendors
- Proficient with Perforce
- Excel power user
- Excellent communicator, open, and highly collaborative
- Passionate gamer
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.