At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
You are a specialist in business development with extensive knowledge of the hobby gaming industry and how to be a salesperson. You also excel in building strategic relationships and realize opportunities that drive them to improve and expand.
Demonstrating integrity, excellence, and good judgment in performing responsibilities and interacting with colleagues, clients and outside parties is crucial to the role!
What you'll do:
- Contribute to strengthening and growing the Wizards Play Network (WPN) Premium program through one-on-one business development conversations.
- Identify investment opportunities through Retail Improvement Grants that will generate meaningful return.
- Review WPN Premium application submission with attention to detail to find opportunities to invite stores to be the best of the best.
- Share in the creation and delivery of surveys to WPN retailers as a form of market research to inform our goals and initiatives.
- Analyze individualized store sales and play data and provide actionable feedback based on results.
- Collaborate with other teams to conduct marketing or play tests with WPN Premium retailers with the goal of optimizing strategies.
- Coordinate and participate in store visits and workshops.
- Work collaboratively with your team and manager to build goals and measure success.
- Self-motivated – Can establish priorities and effectively manage time to complete multiple tasks within specified timeframes.
- Innate Curiosity – With an eye toward market trends, industry news, and other insights advantageous to advise our development strategies.
- A Partner – Able to build healthy relationships with WPN retailers, third party vendors, leadership, peers, and cross functional teams alike.
- Ambitious – With a sense of urgency and will towards continuous growth and improvement.
- Communicative – Use openness to promote a positive working environment and trust across our team and the WPN retailer landscape. As well as be able to navigate and capitalize on challenging conversations.
- Organized – With attention to detail and an eye towards improving efficiencies and simple, scalable processes.
What you'll bring:
- Experience managing and developing a WPN retail store; WPN Premium preferred.
- Knowledge of Wizards’ games and WPN programs.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business or associated field; MBA is preferred OR equivalent professional experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of the following programs: MS Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Tableau, Confluence, and SharePoint is preferred.
- Competent digital literacy and the ability to learn new platforms in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work onsite at our headquarters in Renton, WA and travel two or three times per year.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.