New Raleigh-Durham Studio is a new game development studio in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from WB Games and other AAA studios. The New Raleigh-Durham Studio is a development studio of Wizards of the Coast, a division of Hasbro. We are building a new development team with outstanding talent to create our first multi-platform, Action-Adventure video game set in the GI JOE Universe!
New Raleigh-Durham Studio seeks an experienced Art Director with strong artistic vision and the ability to lead a team to execute that vision!
The Art Director is a recognized specialist in their field who can provide Hollywood-caliber visual development for AAA video games. They have outstanding artistic talent and can build and convey elite concept art that sets a visual standard for all parts of a game including character, level, lighting, and architectural disciplines. This role is proficient in emerging visual styles and trends in both games and film, as well as the technology used to build top titles. They have a natural ability to translate their concepts and vision into mentorship for an art staff leading to outstanding execution. The Art Director makes important contributions to all projects in the studio and sets results-oriented visual targets for the studio’s artists and be passionate about the opportunity to help redefine a beloved IP.
- Sets an ambitious artistic vision for the game.
- Advises the creation of art both internally and by third parties.
- Evangelizes the artistic vision and provide feedback and direction to further that vision.
- Provides clear written and illustrated guidelines that communicate the artistic vision.
- Collaborates with leadership to make recommendations and decisions concerning all artwork.
- Provides day to day artistic feedback and mentorship of individual contributors and leads.
- Promotes a culture of healthy critique on the art team with a focus on product quality.
This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
- Experience working with artists to define the vision for multi-platform, AAA console titles (previous experience developing AAA 3rd Person Action-Adventure genre games is a plus).
- Detailed understanding of video game development and production pipeline.
- Experience leading a team with emphasis on collaborating with senior leadership.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of art processes and production pipelines.
- Excellent eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques used to achieve visual targets.
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Broad knowledge across all art disciplines, including concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading, and rendering.
- 8+ years' experience in video game art production, including minimum of two product cycles as a Senior Artist and at least one as an Art Director.
- Excellent decision-making capabilities and communication skills.
- Experience working with outsourcing companies is strongly preferred.
- Experience working on Existing IP games is a plus.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.