At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
What you'll do:
- Provide compensation expertise and counsel to Management and HR Business Partners for Wizards of the Coast globally with respect to matters such as salary management, compensation program administration, job analysis, market pricing and policies and procedures in support of strategic objectives.
- Understand the business and related specific market conditions. Build critical relationships and demonstrate ability to influence clients of all levels on compensation matters.
- Identify, analyze and generate market driven solutions to compensation issues, using insights to develop solutions that ensure internal fairness, external competitiveness, and alignment with Wizards of the Coast’s goals.
- Conduct job evaluation and market pricing for new positions, job changes, or re-evaluation of existing jobs, as needed for highly specialized roles. Ensure accurate FLSA classification of roles.
- Determine appropriate internal job level and recommend promotional and hiring pay based on internal rates, performance levels, and external job and market pay comparisons.
- Maintain job classification, leveling and title structures to drive greater consistency and transparency across compensation programs.
- Conduct annual organization wide compensation analysis to provide guidance to HR Team regarding competitive placement of employees to external market, internal equity and prioritization of salary budget spend.
- Participate in the annual survey submission process, partnering with HR to ensure accurate matching strategies.
- Partner with Global Compensation Team to drive philosophical and program changes though the organization, in conjunction with an evolving compensation strategic plan.
- Educate managers, HR Partners and employees about compensation strategies and processes.
- Participate in projects as needed in support of strategic objectives and global reward initiatives, partnering with management, Wizards HR Team and Global Compensation Team to achieve results.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor of Science, preferably in Business or Finance.
- 3-5 years progressive work experience in Compensation - preferably within a global, gaming, or technology industry.
- Experience with Gaming/Technology Industries strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with ability to successfully multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of compensation practices/trends, and ability to make data driven recommendations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment and provide a high level of customer support.
- Professional and clear communication skills both written and verbal.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others at all levels of organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with Success Factors, Pay Factors & MS Office 360 a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.