At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a savvy Global Media Manager to help lead all aspects of our advertising initiatives. As a key member of the Marketing organization, you will work closely with business partners across the company to execute high-impact ad campaigns driving engagement with our enfranchised players, generating new player growth, and reacquiring players back into our games!
You are a hardworking media specialist who possesses hands-on digital campaign deployment and optimization, marketing analytics, ad testing, and end-to-end funnel data reporting across multiple platforms.
What you'll do:
- Build global media plans across core advertising channels (search, social, display, and programmatic) based on goals set by each product
- Execute on a wide range of media tactics such as performance marketing, brand awareness, direct-to-consumer, and e-commerce across desktop and mobile platforms
- Track efficiency of campaigns and implement data-informed optimizations to improve product key performance indicators such as Customer Acquisition Cost, Return on Ad Spend, and Retention
- Onboard and test new media channels to expand our advertising footprint to reach new and existing players
- Support multiple products and brands campaign initiatives simultaneously
- Provide expertise on marketing technologies which include ad attribution, process automation, and advanced analytics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization including designers, product engineers, data analysts, and product marketers
- Identify standard methodologies and techniques across the industry for PC and mobile gaming.
- Mentor media buying peers and demonstrate thought leadership in the media buying space
What you'll bring:
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience handling cross-platform buying across Google, Facebook, Amazon (AMS), Twitter, Reddit and other industry-leading ad networks.
- Knowledge and experience measuring CPI, CPA, CPC, LTV, CAC, CPM, oCPM, ROAS, Retention, and ACOS
- Experience utilizing multiple advertising mediums such as statics, videos, and playables formats
- Develop strategies and media plans, as well as quantify the reach, impact and efficiency metrics of each advertising campaign.
- Drive constant campaign improvements through the implementation of multivariate testing and optimization
- Strong technical knowledge of Excel and working with Tableau or equivalent
- Comfortable working in a quickly-moving and highly dynamic environment
- Understanding of privacy laws handling PII and following GDPR and CCPA guidelines.
- Experience working with global brands; gaming preferred.
- Passion for both games and the business of games
- Empathy for gamers and the global gaming community
- Known for building collaborative relationships with key internal partners as well as external influencers, business partners, and leaders with vision.
- 5+ years of hands-on media buying experience across major ad platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon AMS, Reddit, and Google DV360)
- Managed a multi-million-dollar advertising budget
- Experience using marketing analytics platforms on mobile and desktop
- Certifications in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Amazon (AMS) within the last 12 months preferred
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.