At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you an experienced Production leader who is excited about helping to build new immersive worlds the kid in all of us?
Wizards of the Coast is looking for a dynamic Senior Producer to join our newly formed games studio and help us craft the next big gaming and entertainment IP for the kid in all of us! In this role, you will be the first producer on the team, and early on will wear many hats. Over time, you will be responsible for building and managing our production team, developing our production processes, and driving our first game to launch. We are exploring completely new ideas to entertain a new generation of gamers. You'll work with a diverse team of game developers to bring our shared vision to life. The ideal candidate is a leader of multi-disciplinary teams on large, multiplayer, multi-platform game development projects who fosters teamwork and builds trust with leadership and developers alike.
What you’ll do
- Build and mentor a team to lead all aspects of game production
- Provide production expertise and drive adoption of standard methodologies to build our game development processes and pipelines, including planning, reviews, and approvals
- Ensure the development team is working in a balanced manner to deliver work to high standards of quality
- Own the production roadmap to ensure that time, cost, and quality are aligned with the game vision and goals
- Handle vendor relationships and integrate them with the studio’s development processes
- Work with the Engineering team to build the software and services needed for development
- Drive the use of retrospectives and health checks to foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Define and implement dashboards and other reporting that keep the team informed on project progress
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across different departments
- Suggest new ways of improving the quality of milestone deliverables
- Is an active participant in internal ideation efforts
What you bring
- 8+ years leading production for cross-disciplinary game development teams for both console and PC platforms with a deep understanding of game development pipelines, dependencies, and risk assessment
- Ability to solve hard project management problems and work with leads and team members to develop durable solutions as well as a passion for mentoring and making the team better
- Experience with first party development, certification, and submission processes
- Experience with culturalization and navigating local and regional rating requirements
- Experience with studio, project, and vendor budgeting processes
- Jira project management and customization
- Experience with finding and vetting external production partners preferred
- Excel power user
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at different levels in the organization
- Ability to work with team members in remote locations across the globe
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize different tasks
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing working landscape
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.