At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you enthusiastic about connecting fans around the globe through their imaginations and a shared love of games?
The Magic: The Gathering Studio is hiring an InDesign-savvy Graphic Designer with an eye for clean layouts, a passion for visual storytelling, and a deep connection to both awesome user experiences AND fantasy entertainment. Our outstanding artwork, intriguing characters, engaging worlds, and tales of fantastical adventure are waiting for you!
This role will layout, design, and prepare for output long-format design for all things Magic. There will also be opportunities to build graphic elements, contribute to ancillary products, and create consumer-facing elements.
We believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting broadly accessible and resonant offerings for our current and future fans. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team.
What you'll do:
- Worldguide Layout: Work with Art Directors, Game Designers, Concept Artists and Creative Directors to build beautiful, long-form layouts of our Worldguides and Content Guides — the backbone of the awesome creative elements for every Magic product. These are used by fellow Wizards, writers, and artists — all around the globe! This includes text, artwork, and all other visual elements as needed.
- Presentations and Brand Guides: Build compelling presentations and documents for partners both internal and external.
- Ancillary Product Graphics: Collaborate with Art Directors and Creative Directors to drive the visual development, layout, and graphic design elements of assorted projects as needed. Examples could include card frame design, symbols, icons, and other flavorful design elements.
- Documentation: Use your amazing design skills to make our internal microsites/wiki/intranet into even more awesome resources for our teams!
What you'll bring:
- Portfolio demonstrating experience in long-form document layout, image cleanup and manipulation, vector graphics, and presentation design.
- Solid knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially focused on InDesign styles/Photoshop cleanup, with some ability to bend PowerPoint to your will.
- Accustomed to maintaining a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced, iterative, and audience-focused environment.
- Experience in working with digital collaboration tools (Teams, SharePoint, Slack, etc).
- Ability to thrive and grow within a collaborative team where all opinions are valued.
- Awesome written + verbal communication skills paired with a healthy relationship with feedback.
Bonus points for:
- Illustration/digital painting skills
- Being a fan of gaming, sci-fi, or fantasy fandoms
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.